Horse Riding - Snaefellsnes Package - 9 days / 8 nights
"Iceland in a nutshell"
The Snæfellsjökull National Park is where you find one of the most recognized sights in Iceland; the glacier covered cone volcano Snæfellsjökull. Its mystical and mythical atmosphere became famous through Jules Verne’s novel "Journey to the Centre of the Earth". Many of Iceland´s famous Sagas unfolded in this spectacular area. Today a rich bird life attracts visitors from all over the world. This peninsula itself is often called "Iceland in a nutshell" because of the diversity of its landscape.
320 000 ISK per person
June 14 - 22 • June 21 – 29 • July 5 - 13 • August 2 – 10 • August 9 - 17 • August 23 - 31
Riding skills: strong intermediate riders, comfortable and in control at all paces, firm seat, comfortable in the saddle for up to 7 hours per day.
Difficulty: strong intermediate riders.
Group size: maximum 18 people.
Duration: 9 days, 8 nights, 6 riding days, 215 km.
Accommodation: hotel accommodation in Reykjavík. Shared rooms, beds with bed linen for four nights and sleeping bag accommodation for two nights during the ride.
Meeting place: Keflavik International Airport.
Note: knee-high rubber boots are recommended for the beach ride!
Optional: bus tour to sights on the Snæfellsnes Peninsula, fee to be paid locally.
Included in package:
• Airport transfer if you participate in the tour program as described.
• Accommodation in Reykjavík before and after the riding tour, includes breakfast only, not lunch and dinner. Traditional Icelandic stew is served on the arrival day.
• During the ride full board is provided. Our menu consists of a large breakfast and traditional Icelandic meals (fish or lamb). Vegetarian meals are available if requested in advance. All riders make their own packed lunch from the breakfast table.
• Rain wear, saddle bag, riding helmet and sleeping bag with a sheet.
Excluded from package:
• Individual travel insurance is not included in the tour price. We encourage clients to obtain relevant travel insurance before visiting Iceland.
• Flights to and from Iceland are not included.
For more information or booking, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Experiencing "tölt", the unique gait of the Icelandic horse is made easy for you on this tour when we follow good riding tracks on land and across sand. The smooth sand of the beach makes this tour a delight for both horses and riders.
This tour will lead you through mighty lava fields, craters and the ashes of ancient eruptions in Hítardalur valley. We also enjoy wide open stretches of light-coloured sand at Löngufjörur beach, where only the tide sets a limit to the freedom of horses and riders. The crater of Eldborg is a landmark, where the light sand turns black when you reach its lava field. On our last riding day we follow the outskirts of the lava flow along the shore before we return the horses to Stóri-Kálfalækur Farm.
- Wonderful Iceland - 13 days Self Drive | Car Rental | Accommodations SELF09
- Colorful Iceland - 9 day Self Drive Tour | Car Rental | Iceland Vacation SELF06
- Ferry West Fjords - Snaefellsnes Peninsula | Drive Iceland | Boat Trip | Flatey Island SF01
- Ferry to Flatey Island - Snaefellsnes Peninsula Iceland | Boat Tour | Self Drive SF02
- Iceland in a Mini-Nature - 5 days Self Drive | Rent a Car | Accommodations SELF03