New Year's Eve Among Hot Springs and Aurora Borealis
Number one on the bucket list!
A unique extreme super jeep tour for 6 days from December 29 - January 3 to Hveravellir hot spring area in the central highlands of Iceland. Adventurous ride with experienced and skilled drivers in super jeeps, accommodation in mountain huts. Get acquainted with the Icelandic culture in kitchen and legends, bathe in the natural hot pool at the cabin's corner and watch the magical world of light provided by the moon, stars and the northern lights in peaceful quietness which is a priority to experience.
We will observe the Northern Lights whenever they show up !
Available: from December 29th to January 3rd
Duration: 5 nights, 6 days
Included: pick up and drop off at hotels in Reykjavik, transfers, accommodation with meals.
You can also send us an email:
Hveravellir, located in the highlands of Iceland, is a peaceful place, one of the most beautiful hot spring areas in the world where nature can be both placid and vigorous! Powerful demonstrations of the elements and/or nice and quiet weather with glittering snow, moonlight, stars shining brightly or even aurora borealis decorating the sky. In winter’s clothes nature gets a pristine look – everything is like brand new, soft and silent.
Hopefully you get a bit of everything but we can ensure you heated houses, natural hot pool, great guides, good food, coziness inside – and outside you have the glaciers, the unspoiled nature, hot springs and a lot of hiking possibilities in the peculiar light during the day.
Accommodation and service:
Hveravellir has 3 houses for accommodation. The Old Hut has beds for 33 people in sleeping bags. The hut is cozy and adventurous with a hot natural pool few meters from the door.
A house newly built, split into three separate rooms each for 1-2 persons, altogether 3-6 persons.
A house, connected to the restaurant, split into 3 separate rooms, has a big room with beds for 12 people and two rooms each with beds for 4 people.
We offer made up beds.
IGLOOS snow hut, for the ultimate intimate and closeness with nature.
We have a small restaurant with seats for 25 people. Included in price is breakfast, lunch and dinner for all days at Hveravellir. For walking trips we also provide provision bags and drinks.
Our kitchen: We will serve traditional Icelandic food and like the outlaws, Eyvindur and Halla, we will serve some dishes made of Icelandic lamb.
Our guides have a lot of experience of traveling in Icelandic nature. In the highland, weather can change quickly and it is only for trained and experienced drivers to drive there. The average temperature in December at Hveravellir has been around -3°C in the recent years, but the frost can go up to -20°C. So be well prepared and bring extra warm clothes with you!
Our guides are at all times well informed about weather forecast and weather conditions from one day to another so stay in touch with them when taking a walk on your own! Days’ schedule can vary because of weather.
A few hiking routes:
* Dufunesfjoll, a mountain 727 m high, about 6 km from Hveravellir, an easy one to get up to top!
* Stelbrattur, a mountain 744 m high, about 5 km from Hveravellir.
* Tjarnadalir, valleys about 3 km from Hveravellir. Name meaning Valleys of Ponds.
* Rjupnafell, a mountain, 858 m high, about 5 km from Hveravellir to the mountain – and then up you go if you are in the mood!
* Langjokull glacier, distance 12 km from Hveravellir to the glacier’s edge.
* Strytur, an old volcano, 847 m high, about 6 km from Hveravellir.
* Kjalfell, a mountain, 1006 m high, about 10 km from Hveravellir. If you go on and walk up you get a beautiful view over the lake Thorisvatn and more … so it is worth it if weather and physical conditions are good! (A walk only for trained people in good condition).
* Beinaholl hill, a historical spot, in 11 km distance from Hveravellir.
* Thjofafell (Mountain of Thieves’) and Thjofadalir (Valleys of Thieves’), in 14 km distance from Hveravellir.
You can also ask our guides for more information.
Please note that the schedule can easily change by means of bad weather …