This is the perfect chance to get your PADI certification! Get the qualification necessary to explore the sapphire world of the Silfra Fissure. On the first day, our expert instructors will teach you everything that you need to know, in a confined water setting, developing your knowledge of equipment and best diving practices followed by two open water dives. Then, on the second day, you will have the opportunity to put all of this to good use, by diving in the sapphire blue, glacial waters of the iconic Silfra Fissure, which straddles two continents and is famed for the quality of its underwater visibility. Constantly rated as one of the best diving sites in the world, Silfra, is the perfect place for people who want to try diving for the first time.
Duration: 2 days
Pick-up: 8 a.m.
Available: May - Sep
Age limit: 18 years
- PADI Dry Suit Certificate
- Thingvellir National Park
- Dive in Silfra Fissure
- Free Reykjavik pick up & drop off
- Experienced dry suit instructor
- PADI dry suit course
- Confined water dive
- Two open water training dives
- Two dives in the amazing Silfra Fissure
- Silfra entrance fee
- All rental dive equipment & dry suit
- one knowledge development session with your instructor
- And of course, hot chocolate & cookies after the dives!
- The PADI Dry Suit Speciality Manual (4.990 ISK).
What to bring
- Your PADI Open Water diving certification or equivalent from any recognized dive agency. Without a certification, you are not allowed to dive.
- Thermal underwear (long pants and shirt) and warm socks (wool or fleece). You will wear this under the dry suit.
- Spare clothes & a towel in case your base layer get a bit wet
- Age limit: 18 years old.
- The recommended minimum height/weight for this tour is 155 cm/50 kg, due to the heavy dry suit equipment.
- PADI Open Water certification or higher.
- All divers need to understand instructions in English.
- Kindly note all divers have to supply their height/weight upon booking to ensure we bring you suitable equipment.
- Remember it is strongly advised to wait for 24hrs after diving to fly.
- Please read our Diving Handbook for more information about the tour!
Get your PADI qualifications in Iceland in two days. Learn the techniques on the first day and try diving in the world's clearest water on the second day. This is truly the ultimate experience for all diving enthusiasts and the perfect place to get your certification.
Day 1 - PADI Dry Suit Course
Day one of the tour will be spent completing a PADI Dry Suit course, under the expert tutelage of one of our experienced diving instructors. The day will be spent with your friendly diving instructors, who will teach you about diving theories and everything that you need to know about your equipment. You will try your diving techniques in a swimming pool to give you a feel for the equipment and to let you test all the new skills you have learned. Then, we will try two open water training dives. These two dives take place in a lake or protected ocean site in the Reykjavik area depending on the weather conditions. We often go to the ocean, Lake Kleifarvatn or Lake Thingvallavatn, all amazing places to test our diving skills.
Day 2 - Diving in Silfra Fissure
Day two is the reward for all your hard work on day one, taking you to one of the finest diving sites in the world, where we will go on two guided dives of the majestic Silfra Fissure. It is the ideal way to put your newly gained Dry Suit Diving Skills to the test, in a location that is on every single diver’s bucket list.
Silfra Fissure in Thingvellir
Diving in the World’s Clearest Water!
Submerged beneath the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Thingvellir National Park, the Silfra Fissure is renowned for the clarity of its icy blue glacial waters, making it a place of pilgrimage for diving enthusiasts across the world. It is essentially a gap between two massive tectonic plates, which are gradually pulling away from each other, meaning that when you swim in the Silfra Fissure, you are literally swimming in the no man’s land between Europe and North America. It is filled with melted glacial water, which is some of the cleanest and purest water in the world, granting underwater visibility of more than 100 meters.
We will enter this magnificent alien world, whose deepest point is around 42 meters, via a steel ladder and then traverse the stunning blue-scape, which is usually divided into four distinct sections: The Silfra Deep Crack, Silfra Hall, Silfra Cathedral and Silfra Lagoon, with the emerald green plants that grow in the lagoon, a particular highlight. You exit via another ladder, located in the lagoon, which is where the dive ends.
Silfra is a diving site par excellence, an unforgettable place to go on your first dive. We guarantee that once you have seen Silfra, it most certainly won’t be your last!