Snorkel in Silfra Fissure in Thingvellir National Park, exploring the incredibly blue scenery between the tectonic plates - the clarity of the water is unrivaled! Snorkeling at Silfra was rated in 2019 as one of the top Activities in the world by TripAdvisor. Then we drive you to a horse farm in the beautiful and historic Mosfellsdalur Valley to ride an Icelandic horse.
Duration: 8 Hours
Available: All year
Age limit: 12*
Weight limit: 45-120kg
Height limit: 150-190cm
- Small group experience
- Snorkeling between tectonic plates
- Thingvellir National Park
- Riding an Icelandic Horse
- Transfer to and from Reykjavík
- A guided horseback riding tour, a riding hat, boots and rainwear or winter overalls are provided
- Snorkeling tour with certified PADI Diveguide / Divemaster together with all necessary snorkeling equipment; the Silfra admission fee; hot chocolate and cookies.
Bring with you:
Warm layers, waterproof top layer, headwear, gloves, scarves and hiking shoes. It is good to bring a drink and something to eat between the two activities.
Do you wear glasses?
You will be wearing a snorkeling mask whilst in the water and you won’t be able to wear your glasses underneath it. So, unless you are bringing your own mask with prescription lenses we recommend that you acquire contact lenses for your snorkeling tour.
- Participants need to be comfortable in the water and be able to swim
- You are unable to participate in snorkeling if you are pregnant (as well as in horseback riding)
- Weight limit: 45-120 kg
- Height limit: 150 cm -200 cm
- *Age limit: Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian booked on the same tour.
- Read our Snorkeling in Silfra Handbook for how to prepare for your adventure.
The drive from Reykjavík to Thingvellir National Park (Þingvellir) will take your through the lovely countryside of South Iceland. It only takes around 40 minutes to reach the national park, a stunning UNESCO World Heritage Site. Silfra fissure, one of the world´s most famous snorkeling and diving sites, is right in the heart of the national park. Your certified guide will take you exploring in the heavenly underwater realms of Silfra fissure, the deep shades of blue and majestic underwater scenery are totally unique.
The water is crystal clear and in the deep fissure you will experience the magical sensation of weightless floating, as the softly drifting current moves you gently onwards. The exceptional underwater visibility gives you a clear view of sights which will stay with you forever. Snorkeling in Silfra is a very special experience, one that is both exotic and relaxing, as you marvel at the incredible beauty around and beneath you.
Horse Riding Tour
We will drive you from Silfra to the beautiful Laxnes Horse Farm in the picturesque and historic Mosfellsdalur valley. This area, with lovely green fields, is the perfect home for Icelandic horses. The short but strong Icelandic horses have gained an international reputation for their 4th gait, known as tölt, this gait is amazing soft and great to experience. Icelandic horses are equally well-known for their unique personality and calm disposition. You can rest assured that your horse will be easy to ride.Your experienced riding guide will explain all you need to know and lead you on a ride through the very beautiful countryside around the Laxnes Horse Farm.
After your horseback ride you are driven back to Reykjavík.
Read customer reviews
Horse Riding and Snorkeling - Rated 4.5/5 based on 2 customer reviews
Great tours, Great people5 by Myles May 19, 2018
Pretty great4 by Sam April 11, 2018