Meet us on location for a short half-day tour, which is perfect for anyone who wants to add some glacier exploration to their self-drive adventure in Iceland. We’ll start at Thingvellir National Park and then go on a picturesque drive through Iceland’s magnificent highlands glacier. to Langjökull There we’ll explore an amazing manmade ice tunnel that cuts through the very heart of the glacier. If you want to add something to the Golden Circle or simply fancy a spot of glacier exploration, then this half-day tour is the one for you!
The perfect half-day tour for anyone who wants to see the icy secrets that Langjökull hides
Duration: 5-6 hours
Departure time: 09:00
Available: June 1st - Sept 15th
- Ice tunnel inside a glacier
- Super truck ride up the glacier
- Glacier ice formations
- Langjokull glacier
- Thingvellir National Park
- Small Group Experience
- This is a meet on location tour – we will collect you from Thingvellir National Park at the time specified in the booking confirmation email.
- Thingvellir National Park is situated around 45 minutes from Reykjavik.
- We will drop you back at Thingvellir National Park once the tour has finished and you can continue your Icelandic adventures from there.
- The tour will last around 5 hours, depending on the weather and road conditions.
- Warm clothing is essential –the temperature inside the ice cave will be below freezing no matter the season. We recommend wearing warm bottom layers, waterproof top layers, a hat, a scarf, and gloves.
- You will need to be able to attach crampons (provided by us) to your shoes.
- If you do not own any of these items, then you may be able to rent them during the booking process – we do not offer this service on the day of the tour.
This is a meet on location tour – we offer pick-up tours to Langjökull from Reykjavik, if you are interested in that or a combination tour, then check out our other ice tunnel tours.
For further information: Contact Us
Youth (12-15): 12 450
Children (0-11): 7 470
We’ll meet up in Thingvellir National Park – a renowned UNESCO World Heritage Site, which hosts some of Iceland’s most famous attractions. We’ll drive past the dramatic rift valley, which marks the border between Europe and North America and also see the location of Iceland’s original parliament. Then we'll climb into the highlands – traversing a dramatic glacially carved landscape that includes rolling hills and craggy cliffs.
We’ll soon spot Langjökull glacier – a massive body of ice that stretches far into the horizon. Our state-of-the-art super vehicle is perfect for glacier exploration – allowing us to explore the various crevasses and moulins that dominate Langjökull’s surface. Your certified glacier guide will tell you some fascinating facts about glaciers and describe how Langjökull has helped to craft the surrounding landscape.
Next, we’ll enter the glacier itself – clambering into the Langjökull ice tunnel to see this epic natural wonder from a totally different angle. It's home to a plethora of amazing sights, including turquoise ice rivers, magical ice sculptures, and remarkable ice formations. Your expert guide will show you all the best spots and make sure that you get some amazing photos!
We’ll return via the same route – offering another chance to see Iceland’s dramatic Highland landscape. Then drop you back in Thingvellir National Park, after an unforgettable 5-hour tour!