Join us near Reykjavik for a thrilling fat bike ride through some of West Iceland’s most scenic countryside. Expect to cycle near picturesque lakes, rolling green hills, gorgeous valleys and more during an exciting 10-mile ride that will give you genuine insight into unspoiled Icelandic nature. After your workout, put your feet up at Húsið í Holtinu (“the House on the Hill”) and enjoy a tasty hot lunch. If you’re looking for a unique way to get out into Icelandic nature, this self-guided fat bike tour is perfect for you.
Duration: 4 hours
Group maximum: 8
Age limit: 18
This is a meet on location tour – join us at Húsið í Holtinu (around a 20-minute drive from Reykjavik.)
- The tour lasts around 4 hours in total
- The maximum group size is 8 and the minimum is 2
- The route lasts around 9.3 miles. You can ride at your own pace.
- The trip is available all-year-round, so please dress accordingly
- We recommend warm, waterproof clothing
- If you have any special dietary requirements, please inform us in advance so we can adjust the meal to fit your needs.
- A fat bike can only be ridden by people with a valid driving license who are over the age of 18.
We’ll all meet at Húsið í Holtinu, about 20 minutes outside Reykjavik by car. Your friendly guides will help you set up your fat bikes and give you helmets and water for the ride. The guides will also provide you with a map of the area and highlight points of interest, photogenic spots and the best places to take a break. They’ll point out where you can go for a dip in the famous Seljadalsa River, or in one of the lakes.
Then your self-guided fat tire tour will begin, taking you on an exhilarating and scenic journey through the Lake Hafravatn and the Lake Langavatn watershed. The route is around 9.3 miles (15 kilometers) and presents rural Iceland at its best, including friendly wildlife, pristine lakes, rolling green hills and more. The fat bikes are simple to operate, so everyone can enjoy this amazing experience.
Once you return to Húsið í r, a home-cooked meal will be awaiting you. This is your chance to make the most of the expert guides’ knowledge of the area, and to enjoy some stunning panoramic views of the impressive lakes and verdant valley below. If you’re looking for a fun bike tour by Reykjavik and a chance to explore the untrodden countryside, then this is the tour for you.