Explore the wonders of Iceland on this adventurous day tour. Take in the sights of the Golden Circle; Gullfoss, Geysir, snorkel the Silfra fissure and relax after a long day, under the Northern Lights. Snorkeling in Silfra Fissure was rated one of the top activities in 2019 by TripAdvisor!
Duration: Full Day Tour
Group maximum: 19
Available: Sept - Apr 20
Age limit: 12 years*
- Golden Circle
- Thingvellir National Park
- Silfra Fissure
- Guided Northern Lights Tour
- Pick-up and drop off from Reykjavík
- English Speaking Tour Guide
- A Guided Tour of the Golden Circle
- Snorkeling Tour
- All Snorkeling Equipment
- All Necessary Safety Equipment
- Silfra Admission Fee
- Hot Chocolate and Cookies
- Free WiFi on Board Your Bus
- Northern Lights Photos
- Guided Northern Lights Tour in a Minibus
- English Speaking Tour Guide
- Free WiFi on Board Your Minibus
Bring with you:
Warm undergarments - preferably fleece/wool (no cotton!), warm woolen socks and a change of clothes (just in case).
- Participants need to be comfortable in the water and be able to swim
- You are unable to participate in the snorkeling if you are pregnant
- Weight limit: 45-120 kg
- Height limit: 150 cm -200 cm
- *Age limit: Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian booked on the same tour.
- Read our Snorkeling in Silfra Handbook for how to prepare for your adventure.
The Golden Circle tour allows visitors to get in touch with some of Iceland’s most famous and exciting natural phenomena. Our first stop is at the Thingvellir National Park 40 min due east of the city. Þingvellir is one of Iceland’s most historic sites as it was here that Iceland’s first parliament was founded in the year 930 AD. From Þingvellir we head along gravel tracks toward the world-renowned geothermal area around the Geysir hot spring where you can witness gurgling bubbling water burst 25 meters high. This is the one spouting hot spring that all such phenomena on Earth are named after. From there we continue on to Gullfoss, “the Golden waterfall”, with practically no limit to how close you can stand next to it. Gullfoss is a great sight with water rushing down three steps of lava layers exhibiting breathtaking power and grandeur.
The Silfra Fissure is one of Iceland’s most desirable snorkeling spots. On the surface, this narrow channel of blue water meanders through a giant lava field, beneath active volcanoes and sprawling glaciers, next to the founding site of the world's oldest existing parliament. Below, supernatural shades of blue, perfect visibility, and incredible rock formations make up a magical sub-aquatic chasm. From the comfort of a warmly insulated drysuit, enjoy the feeling of ultimate serenity and weightlessness as you drift peacefully along with the lazy current, awe-stricken at the spectacle in the depths below! Frequently rated as one of the worlds top ten dive sites, the Silfra offers up to 100 meters of underwater visibility and is located on top of the separation between Europe and America!
Later, your expert Northern Lights guide will pick you up at your hotel. On the search for the Northern Lights you will travel through some of Iceland's most spectacular natural sights by night time with a very informative guide.
Your guide will find the best spots for northern lights viewing and hopefully the magnificent lights will show up!
Venture into the night with us for front row seats on a chase to see the spectacular, unique and ever changing show that are the Northern Lights.