This thrilling ATV tour combines adrenaline-pumping fun, some fascinating historical places, and breathtaking natural scenery. It takes place near Eldfell Volcano in Vestmannaeyjar – allowing us to explore the spectacular landscape that this natural wonder has helped to create. If you want to do something exciting and really different, then this is the perfect tour for you.
Get your pulse racing and see some magnificent natural scenery on this amazing ATV tour!
Duration: One Hour
Pick-up: Meet on Location. Please be at our location 15 min before departure.
Departure time: Every day at 10:00, 11:30, 13:00, 14:30, 16:00, 17:30 or after agreement
Available: Open from 1.May to 1.October
Age limit: 6 years old
Difficulty: Easy – Fun for the whole family
- Eldfell Volcano
- Fascinating historical places
- Adrenaline-pumping fun
- Spectacular landscape
- Prestvik beach
- This is a meet on location tour, you’ll have to make your own way to its starting point.
- We will send exact details of the location in the booking confirmation.
- The ATV tour will last for one-hour
- The ATVs are automatic, so you don’t need any previous experience to operate one.
- We provide a waterproof jacket, waterproof pants, gloves and a helmet, which has a communication device so you can listen to what the guide is saying,
- All ATV drivers must have a valid driving license and be over the age of 18.
- All ATV passengers must be older than 6
Your friendly tour guide will meet you at our base close to Vestmannaeyjar to get you kitted out. They’ll also give you a very short demonstration on how to use the ATVs and give you any relevant safety information. Then, we’ll hop on the ATVs for an exhilarating 1-hour ride around a nearby volcano.
We’ll visit a number of interesting locations during the tour, including Prestvik beach, where we’ll see the final resting place of the Pelagus fishing boat. Your guide will also tell you about Guðlaugur Friðþórsson, who somehow managed to swim 6km to shore in the dark and cold sea after his boat sank – arriving near this very spot.
We’ll also explore Eldfell Volcano (means hill of fire in Icelandic), which is still active and last erupted in 1973. We guarantee that you’ll be impressed by the dramatic lava fields and the breathtaking vistas of the coast that it offers. From there we’ll head back enjoying some more incredible scenery and the thrill of riding ATVs – we hope you enjoyed the tour and look forward to seeing you on the next adventure.